Refresh your body and mind at our 9th annual Yoga In The Park.
When: Every Sunday in June, July and August from 5-6:30pm*
Where: Meridian Hill Park
Who: All ages and levels, including beginners, are welcome
Cost: All Classes are FREE!
* Rained out classes will be canceled. Check our website for cancellations.
Schedule of Teachers
- June 2: Pamela Wilson (St. Mark’s Yoga Center)
- June 9: Yael Flusberg (Quiet Mind/Meridian Yoga)
- June 16: TBD
- June 23: Pamela Wilson (St. Mark’s Yoga Center)
- June 30: Niyati Shah (Tranquil Space)
- July 7: TBD
- July 14: Margaret Townsend (River’s Edge Yoga, Alexandria)
- July 21: Katie Cronin (STROGA, Adam’s Morgan)
- July 28: Dave Kidney (Tranquil Space)
- August 4: Natalie Kaplan (Freelance)
- August 11: Misia Denea (Embrace Studio)
- August 18: Gracy Obuchowicz (Yoga District)
- August 25: Angela Cerkevich (Anahata)
"Outdoor yoga classes held at Meridian Hill Park in Washington, D.C. The Washington Post, 18 June 2010.
[excerpt] …Bring a yoga mat so you’re not laying in dirt and grass. Wear something comfortable. Don’t feel bad if you don’t have yoga pants, but keep in mind that you will be twisting and turning your body in a park full of people, so clothes that hug are advised. You can bring water and a bag to keep next to you.
As the class goes on, the distractions will disappear and the fresh air, blue sky and lush, green trees will help you become aware of your body and breath so you’ll walk away feeling in harmony with the city around you.
“It’s nice to have an easygoing atmosphere in the park,” Sudol said. Read the full article >>