Please join us this summer for the 10th season of Yoga In The Park. I am grateful for the contributions of our teachers, students and Karma Yogis. Thank you for being part of our community.
When: Every Sunday in June, July and August from 5-6:30pm*
Where: Meridian Hill Park
Who: All ages and levels, including beginners, are welcome
Cost: All Classes are FREE!
* Rained out classes will be canceled. Check our homepage and FB for cancellations.
Schedule of Teachers
- June 1: Yael Flusberg, Kali Yoga
- June 8: Natalie Kaplan, Freelance
- June 15: Sara McKee, Yoga District
- June 22: Pamela Wilson, St. Marks Yoga Center
- June 29: Margaret Townsend, River’s Edge Yoga
- July 6: Jess Sandhu, Georgetown Yoga
- July 13: Gracy Obuchowicz, Yoga District
- July 20: Elizabeth Greathouse, YogaHouse
- July 27: Annie Shiel, Georgetown Yoga
- August 3: Katie Cronin, Stroga
- August 10: Dave Kidney, Tranquil Space
- August 17: Dave Kidney, Tranquil Space
- August 24: Emily Bango, Yoga District
- August 31: Alex Rosen, Yoga District
"Outdoor yoga classes held at Meridian Hill Park in Washington, D.C. The Washington Post, 18 June 2010.
[excerpt] …Bring a yoga mat so you’re not laying in dirt and grass. Wear something comfortable. Don’t feel bad if you don’t have yoga pants, but keep in mind that you will be twisting and turning your body in a park full of people, so clothes that hug are advised. You can bring water and a bag to keep next to you.
As the class goes on, the distractions will disappear and the fresh air, blue sky and lush, green trees will help you become aware of your body and breath so you’ll walk away feeling in harmony with the city around you.
“It’s nice to have an easygoing atmosphere in the park,” Sudol said. Read the full article >>