Please join us this summer for the 11th season of Yoga In The Park. I am grateful for the contributions of our teachers, students and Karma Yogis. Thank you for being part of our community.
When: Every Sunday in June, July and August from 5-6:30pm*
Where: Meridian Hill Park
Who: All ages and levels, including beginners, are welcome
Cost: All Classes are FREE!
* Rained out classes will be canceled. Check our homepage and FB for cancellations.
Schedule of Teachers
- June 7: Jess Sandhu, Georgetown Yoga
- June 14: Lauren Mills, Bikram Yoga Dupont
- June 21: Mary Koehler, Freelance
- June 28: Yael Flusberg, Kali Yoga
- July 5: Gracy Obuchowicz, Yoga District
- July 12: Margaret Townsend, River’s Edge Yoga
- July 19: Emily Bango, Yoga District
- July 26: Alex Rosen, Yoga District
- August 2: Katie Cronin, Kali Yoga
- August 9: Dave Kidney, Tranquil Space
- August 16: Sara McKee, Yoga District
- August 23: Annie Shiel, Georgetown Yoga
- August 30: Wesley Clark, Bikram Yoga Dupont
"Outdoor yoga classes held at Meridian Hill Park in Washington, D.C. The Washington Post, 18 June 2010.
[excerpt] …Bring a yoga mat so you’re not laying in dirt and grass. Wear something comfortable. Don’t feel bad if you don’t have yoga pants, but keep in mind that you will be twisting and turning your body in a park full of people, so clothes that hug are advised. You can bring water and a bag to keep next to you.
As the class goes on, the distractions will disappear and the fresh air, blue sky and lush, green trees will help you become aware of your body and breath so you’ll walk away feeling in harmony with the city around you.
“It’s nice to have an easy going atmosphere in the park,” Sudol said. Read the full article >>