Please join us this summer for the 10th season of Yoga In The Park. I am grateful for the contributions of our teachers, students and Karma Yogis. Thank you for being part of our community.
When: Every Sunday in June, July and August from 5-6:30pm*
Where: Meridian Hill Park
Who: All ages and levels, including beginners, are welcome
Cost: All Classes are FREE!
* Rained out classes will be canceled. Check our homepage and FB for cancellations.
Schedule of Teachers
- June 1: TBD
- June 8: Natalie Kaplan, Freelance
- June 15: Yael Flusberg, Quiet Mind and Meridian Yoga
- June 22: Pamela Wilson, St. Marks Yoga Center
- June 29: Margaret Townsend, River’s Edge Yoga
- July 6: TBD
- July 13: TBD
- July 20: Elizabeth Greathouse, YogaHouse
- July 27: Gracy Obuchowicz, Quiet Mind
- August 3: Katie Cronin, Stroga
- August 10: TBD
- August 17: TBD
- August 24: TBD
- August 31: Alex Rosen, Yoga District
"Outdoor yoga classes held at Meridian Hill Park in Washington, D.C. The Washington Post, 18 June 2010.
[excerpt] …Bring a yoga mat so you’re not laying in dirt and grass. Wear something comfortable. Don’t feel bad if you don’t have yoga pants, but keep in mind that you will be twisting and turning your body in a park full of people, so clothes that hug are advised. You can bring water and a bag to keep next to you.
As the class goes on, the distractions will disappear and the fresh air, blue sky and lush, green trees will help you become aware of your body and breath so you’ll walk away feeling in harmony with the city around you.
“It’s nice to have an easygoing atmosphere in the park,” Sudol said. Read the full article >>